Postdoctoral scholars are encouraged to apply for university housing by July 7, 2020 through the graduate housing lottery. For those not assigned to university housing, the Residential & Dining Enterprises Community Housing Office has detailed information, resources and listings for local housing.
- Stanford West: postdoctoral scholars have priority at this apartment complex, located next to campus on Sand Hill Road.
- Stanford University Postdoc Association (SURPAS): hosts an email list that includes housing announcements.
- Bechtel International Center Bulletin Board: has a bulletin board for rentals and people looking for roommates.
- Places4Students: listings under "Stanford University"
Other non-Stanford options:
Temporary Housing Resources
Several types of temporary housing might be available to you while you search for permanent housing:
- Stanford University Summer Conference Services: rents out guest rooms in dorms during the summer quarter.
- Stanford University Student Housing: lists local hotels and motels.
- Stanford Guest House: Stanford-run hotel on the SLAC campus.
- SUPost.com: may have short-term rentals
- Airbnb.com: short-term rentals
Please note: Full access to Stanford housing services may require a SUNet ID. Contact your departmental postdoctoral administrator to discuss how and when to obtain yours.
AVOID RENTAL SCAMS! The links below provide advice on avoiding scams.