The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs (OPA) can only verify appointment dates for postdoctoral scholars* who were appointed through Stanford University.
Postdoctoral Appointment Verifications:
Please send our office a request that includes:
- Name of the Postdoctoral Scholar
- Appointment dates at Stanford
- An authorization signed by the postdoc permitting us to release information
If you need a request form, please use OPA's Verification Request Form.
Please note: verification requests can take up to ten working days to process; please do not send multiple requests for the same verificationas it slows the process.
Other OPA verifications:
Postdoctoral Benefits - Proof of Insurance:
Please contact Postdoc Benefits.
Loan Deferments for Current Postdocs:
Please fax the form to our secure fax at (650) 725-6106 or bring the form to our office for signature.
Home or Auto Loan Documents:
If you are a postdoc who needs appointment data for home or car loan paperwork, your departmental postdoctoral administrator can help you with your request.
OPA cannot process verifications for Stanford Medicine Hospital programs, Lucille Packard Children's Hospital programs, HHMI, SLAC, employment, etc.
How to verify other types of appointments and/or employment at Stanford:
- Employment History at Stanford University (staff positions)
- Stanford University Degrees (all)
- Stanford Health Care - Medical Staff or call (650) 723-7857
- Residency and Fellowships: please contact the Graduate Medical Education department
- If they are unable to verify, please contact the academic department directly: Stanford School of Medicine - Basic Science Departments or Stanford School of Medicine - Clinical Science Departments
Have a question about postdoctoral appointment verifications?
- Please use HelpSU.stanford.edu to submit your question online
* “A Stanford postdoctoral scholar is a non-matriculated trainee, in graduate student status, in residence at Stanford University pursuing advanced studies beyond the doctoral level in preparation for an independent career. Postdoctoral Scholars are appointed for a limited period of time and may participate on Stanford research projects and/or may be supported by external awards or fellowships. In all cases, their appointment at Stanford is for the purpose of advanced studies, research and training under the mentorship of a Stanford faculty member.” From: Research Policy Handbook Chapter 10.3