Faculty sponsors and their staff may post open postdoc positions on the OPA position listings page.
All posts are reviewed by OPA before they appear online. Please allow up to 24 hours to view your published post.
Postings are auto-removed after six months.
Edit or close your posting by logging in to the OPA website (top right on any page), then return to the Open Positions page and search for your post.
- Users must be authorized by their department to post positions.
- Users understand that all postdoc positions are mentored training positions under the direction of a faculty member and are funded and carried out in accordance with University policies and procedures.
- Users comply with immigration and labor laws when posting.
- Users recognize Stanford’s commitment diversity. Diversity includes, but is not limited to, culture, socioeconomic background, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, physical capabilities, and life experience. Recognizing the educational benefits of a diverse scientific workforce and a diverse academe, OPA actively recruits postdocs from all backgrounds to consider training here, provides networks of mentoring and support, and creates opportunities for successful contributions within the academia and with our surrounding communities.
Language of Position Postings
- The following language is automatically included in each post, please remove duplicate language if included in your post:
- "Stanford University is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer, committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce. It welcomes applications from women, members of minority groups, veterans, persons with disabilities, and others who would bring additional dimensions to the university's research and teaching mission."
- If funding requires applicants to be U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents, clearly state the legal basis for the requirement. Postings cannot be limited in this way if it is not a funding requirement.
- Language that violates EEOC or university policy will be removed from published posts.
List of Stanford Departments and Centers in Position Posts
We are unable to include the names of non-degree granting centers and units in the list of Stanford Departments and Centers. Instead, do this:
- From the Stanford Departments and Centers list, select the name of the degree granting department in which your organization resides.
- Specify the center, unit, or lab name in the text of your position posting.
Questions or technical issue? Please email Tammy Wilson at tjwilson (at) stanford (dot) edu.