Notify Your Department Postdoc Admin
Provide your department postdoc admin with the following:
- Date you will leave,
- Permanent email address,
- Whether you are requesting a certificate of completion (more information below), and
- Forwarding snail mail address where you can be sent COBRA information and the certificate of completion (if requested).
Complete the Postdoc Exit Survey
- Take OPA's Postdoct Exit Survey. Your input is appreciated, and your individual response is anonymous and confidential.
Appointment Verification Requests & Letters
- You or a potential employer may request a letter verifying your postdoctoral appointment dates at any time. Requests are submitted on the Verification Request page.
Stay Connected with Other Stanford Postdocs
- Join the Stanford University Postdocs LinkedIn Group. This private LinkedIn group of current and former Stanford postdocs is an opportunity to grow your Stanford network.
- Stanford Alumni Association: Affiliate Membership for postdoctoral scholars
- Stanford Medicine Alumni Assocation: "If you've graduated from the School of Medicine with either a degree or certificate (including all former postdocs, residents, interns, and fellows), you're automatically a member of the Stanford Medicine Alumni Association and can start enjoying these benefits today."
Certificates of Completion
- Certificates are requested via the End of Appointment form submitted to OPA by your department postdoc admin. Certificates are produced quarterly and released after postdoc appointments. Certificates are sent to department admins to aquire faculty signatures and then snail-mailed.
- Certificates of Completion document the time a postdoc was appointed though OPA. The certificate is an official document that bears the name of the department, signatures, and the seal. Applicable Division names for clinical departments at the School of Medicine may be included, but specific fellowships or subspecialties are not printed on the certificate.
- Certificates are not issued for any periods of time where the trainee/scholar was appointed through a different office (e.g., the Graduate Medical Education office at Stanford Hospital and Clinics or HHMI) or held a different status at Stanford (e.g., Visiting Scholar, Visiting Student, Visiting Postdoc, or staff).
Stanford Email Addresses
Your email address remains active for 120 days after your appointment ends.