Academic | Daily Living | Financial | Fun | News | Emergency and Other Offices | School of Medicine | Technical | SF Bay Area
In addition to your faculty mentor/department administrator, co-workers and others in your department/lab, there are many groups, offices, and individuals available to provide you with the support you may need.
- Introduction to Stanford (libraries, sights, events)
- Green Library: Located at 557 Escondido Mall
- School of Medicine Lane Library
- Lane Medical Library and Knowledge Management Center is a division of Information Resources & Technology in the School of Medicine. The library is located at the Lane Building, room L109.
Daily Living Resources:
- Dining: Postdocs can purchase meal plans from Residential & Dining Enterprises (R&DE) Stanford Dining for meals in dining halls. They may also purchase meals at R&DE cafes, and purchase prepared meals, groceries, produce and other items at the Market at Munger.
- Parking & Transportation: Services for the Stanford community regarding commute options and incentives, Commute Club, bicycle program, Zipcar, Marguerite shuttle, parking permits, and more.
- CalTrain Go Pass for Postdocs
- Stanford International Travel Office: Help with medical, security and logistical questions that may arise when you travel abroad.
- Payroll Office: Help to understand your deductions, set up direct deposit, and more.
- Stanford Federal Credit Union: Community-based credit union with special programs and services.
- Office of Sponsored Research (except School of Medicine scholars): The Office of Sponsored Research (OSR) provides pre-award and post-award administrative services for sponsored projects for the University.
- Financial Assistance for Postdocs at Stanford
Just for Fun:
- Cantor Arts Center & Rodin Sculpture Garden
- Campus Recreation and Wellness: Locations and schedules.
- Social Media Pages for OPA
- Stanford OPA Twitter Account
OPA regularly posts to the Stanford OPA Twitter Account. OPA connects with relevant accounts (such as: @BlackInCancer or similar) requesting that a post be shared to their network.
- Stanford OPA Facebook Account
OPA regularly posts to the Stanford OPA Facebook Account. OPA connects with relevant accounts and hashtags (such as: #StanfordPRISM or similar) requesting that a post be shared to their network.
- Stanford OPA LinkedIn Account
OPA regularly posts to the Stanford OPA LinkedIn Account. OPA connects with relevant accounts and hashtags (such as: #FacultyDiversity or similar) requesting that a post be shared to their network.
- Stanford OPA Twitter Account
- The Stanford Daily: The Stanford Daily publishes Monday through Friday during the academic year.
- The Stanford Report: The Stanford News Service provides assistance to reporters and disseminates much of the university's news.
Emergency and Other Campus Offices:
- Department of Public Safety: Officers uphold local, state, and federal laws and ordinances, and provide 24/7 patrols.
- An annual "Safety, Security, & Fire Report" is published in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act.
- Officers conduct safety presentations upon request and have other outreach programs.
- In an emergency, dial 9-911 from a campus phone or tap the blue button on an outdoor emergency services pole. When calling from the School of Medicine phone, dial 286.
- Sexual Harassment Policy Office: Resources and training to help with any concerns about sexual harassment.
- Office of Audit, Compliance, Risk and Privacy: Confidential information and support on compliance issues, including any situations that arise regarding non-compliance.
- Diversity and Access Office: Creates and maintains a diverse community with equal access to resources.
- SURPAS Resources: The Stanford Postdoc Association provides a variety of resources for Postdocs.
School of Medicine Resources:
- SPECTRUM: Spectrum's core mission is to transform the research and educational enterprise at Stanford University in order to optimally support clinical and translational research (CTR).
- Policy and Guidelines for Interactions between the Stanford University School of Medicine, the Stanford Hospital and Clinics, and Lucile Packard Children's Hospital with the Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Medical Device, and Hospital and Research Equipment and Supplies Industries ("Industry").
University support for phones, computers, software, sysyems, etc. is easily reached through the following links. Your department or school may have additional departmental specialists to support your needs.
- HelpSU Ticket: help with any/all issues
- Main Campus: University IT, (650) 725-4357 (5-HELP)
- School of Medicine: Information Resources & Technology (IRT) group, (650) 725-8000
- Stanford University Libraries provides a variety of computing services and facilities to enhance instruction and research.
- Stanford Research Computing Center (SRCC) high performance computing (HPC) clusters for computationally intensive analysis.