OPA is the hub for all postdoctoral appointments at Stanford. We support postdocs in all aspects of their training as they develop their independent careers. OPA collaborates with university organizations, faculty, postdocs, administrators, and external entities to support the personal growth and professional development of each postdoc in preparation for their independent research, professional, and academic careers.
- Review/approval of all postdoc appointments
- Management of postdoc benefits
- Development/implementation of postdoc policies/procedures
- Oversight/management of endowed postdoc fellowships
- Collaboration with campus partners through professional development and skill-building programs
- Training and workshops for faculty and staff who appoint and mentor postdocs
- Consultation and conflict resolution for postdocs and their mentors