Please send applications to boussard AT stanford.edu
The Boussard lab is recruiting several postdoctoral scholars in the field of computer science, biomedical informatics, bio/statistics, engineering, health services research, or epidemiology/population health. Applications are invited from ambitious, independent and motivated candidates with a strong publication record. The lab applies novel methods using real world data from Stanford University and other academic sites for clinical analytics and AI, including multi-modal and multi-task learning, weak supervision, knowledge representation, natural language processing, and decision theory to tackle the challenges of leveraging medical Big Data. Our research is bridging a spectrum of biomedical domains with multidisciplinary collaborations with top scientists at Stanford as well as with other institutions internationally.
Postdoctoral fellows will be involved in the analysis of large heterogeneous datasets, including electronic health records, unstructured clinical notes, administrative data, registry data, and patient surveys to answer inform clinical decisions and guide policy. We focus on precision medicine, which includes identifying the right treatment for all patients, identifying patients at high risk for adverse events, and getting evidence at the point of care to guide clinical decisions. Our lab has developed the infrastructure necessary to efficiently use diverse clinical data.
The postdoctoral scholar will be working on three core research topics: (1) develop foundational AI methods for analyzing and extracting information from clinical data; (2) develop clinical prediction models using multi-modal and longitudinal electronic medical records (EMR) data; (3) develop a pipeline to deploy such models at point of care.
Here are a few artciles that highlight some of our recent work: PMID: 32594179, PMID: 32066619, PMID: 31414700, PMID: 30726237. A full list of articles can be found here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/myncbi/1l5o1JS-rr9/bibliography/public/
- Post-graduate degree (PhD or MD, completed or near completion) in biomedical data science, informatics, computer science, engineering, statistics, computational biology, or a related field
- Experience in machine learning, natural language processing, or deep learning
- Strong programming skills (R, Python, etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative fast-paced environment
- Ability to successfully interact with a diverse team, including clinicians, IT staff, and scientist across domains
1. Cover letter decribing your interest in applying to the Boussard lab and what aspects of our work you find most intrigueing
2. Current resume
3. Sample writing (e.g. publication or abstract)
4. Three references