Email application materials to Sarah Fletcher (email@example.com) with the subject line “Postdoc Application”
Meagan Mauter and Sarah Fletcher are jointly hiring a Postdoctoral Position in Water Resources Planning.
Water resources planning in California is challenged by pressure on water availability due to climate change and drought as well as intersectoral competition for water for agriculture, urban use, and ecosystem services. We are developing a project to develop and evaluate water resources strategies that integrate technological solutions (e.g. emerging technologies and inputs in wastewater reuse and desalination) with adaptive operations (e.g. adaptive algorithms for reservoir operations, drought conservation incentives).
• PhD in Civil and Environmental Engineering; Systems Engineering; Geography; Natural Resource Management or related field
• Strong computational background with programming experience in Python and/or Matlab
• Experience with at least one of the following: hydrological modeling; water resources planning; simulation and optimization modeling; water treatment technology development
• A research statement (maximum 2 pages) describing your previous research contributions, future interests, and how these align with Sarah’s research areas
• A sample publication or preprint
• Contact information for 2-3 references