To apply, please send the required application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Post-doctoral fellow position-Stanford University, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology/Palo Alto VA.
PI: Natalie J. Torok, MD, MSc, FAASLD
NIH-sponsored post-doctoral position is available to study mechanisms of liver fibrosis and hepatocellular carcinoma using animal models of obesity/non-alcoholic steatohepatitis and type 2 diabetes, with a special focus on aging and matrix biology. Intersection of mechanobiology and metabolic dysregulation is of special interest. The project will have translational components. Expertise in liver disease models, matrix biology and metabolic diseases is a plus.
The Postdoctoral Fellow will be expected to build a strong publication record in leading journals. He/she will also supervise undergraduate, graduate and medical students. The project has collaborative aspects and opportunities to learn new technologies. The post-doctoral fellow will be expected to apply for internal and/or extramural funding, and to attend conferences to build their international reputation.
• Highly motivated Ph.D. and/or M.D., DVM with an expertise in cell biology, immunology or biochemistry.
• Track record of peer-reviewed publications
• Dedication to pursue basic/translational liver research
•Excellent verbal and written communication skills, being able to work independently but in collaboration with team members.
- Updated CV
- Contact information for three references
- Cover letter describing your training, past research experience, and career goals