Email the required application materials to Katja Weinacht at email@example.com
The Weinacht Laboratory has an opening for a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow with interest in thymic development. Successful candidates will join the Pediatric Division of Stem Cell Transplantation and Regenerative Medicine at Stanford University School of Medicine.
This project focuses on understanding and recapitulating thymic development using pluripotent stem cells. Our laboratory has used single cell transcriptomics of primary human fetal thymic tissues to develop a robust in vitro and in vivo developmental model. This model can now be applied to developing regenerative thymic tissues for clinical translation and to studying thymic development in clinically relevant disease-specific contexts. This is a well-established project in our lab with abundant data already available. Our team is looking forward to meeting you.
- PhD or MD/PhD applicants with background in developmental/cell biology, immunology, molecular biology with the following qualifications are encouraged to apply:
- Strong tissue culture skills, experience in iPSC culture desirable
- Flow cytometry skills
- Good understanding of emerging molecular and cell biology tools
- Outstanding personal initiative and communication skills.
- Academic aspirations
- An updated CV
- Complete contact information for three references
- A cover letter describing past research experience, career goals, and a statement of future research interest (1-2 pages)