To apply, please send to Dr. Obradović (firstname.lastname@example.org) by January 31, 2019
Dr. Jelena Obradović seeks a full-time postdoctoral research associate in developmental/educational psychology or a related field. The postdoc will work on a newly funded research-practice partnership project with San Francisco Unified School District’s Early Education Department. We will examine how different aspects of preschool (Pre-K) classroom experience (e.g., emotional, instructional, organizational) uniquely relate to the growth of children’s academic, social, and emotional learning skills. We will also investigate whether these associations vary by children’s ethnic background, language proficiency, or initial skill levels. In addition, we will evaluate the impact of the new social and emotional curriculum that will be implemented in the transitional kindergarten classrooms on students’ outcomes. There will be opportunities to get involved with other studies.
Primary responsibilities include collaborating with Dr. Obradović and her research team on analysis of the collected data, conceptualizing scientific papers and presentations, and preparing manuscripts for submission to academic journals. This position offers an excellent opportunity to further analytical and writing skills and to publish scientific papers. The postdoc will also be able to network with a rich, multidisciplinary community of scholars, and to attend workshops and colloquia through Stanford’s Center for Education Policy Analysis, John W. Gardner Center, Psychology Department, Center on Poverty and Inequality, and more.
- Position: Full-Time
- Salary: 65K plus benefits
- Start date: June 2019
Minimum one-year commitment required, with the potential for a one-year renewal pending new funding. Residence in the San Francisco Bay area.
Application deadline: January 31, 2019
- A Ph.D. in developmental/educational psychology or a related field
- Strong analytical skills (including multilevel and longitudinal analyses of nested data) and experience with statistical analysis packages (R, STATA, MPlus)
- Excellent writing skills and experience with submitting manuscripts to academic journals
- Ability to work well independently and on a team on multiple projects
- Great organization skills and attention to detail
- Experience working in early education setting or with early education practitioners is preferred
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter summarizing your research interests, relevant experiences, and statistical skills
- Contact information for three references
- Writing sample (published or unpublished) that best exemplifies your scholarly work