Submit the following (see criteria above):
- CV with list of publications, research skills
- Cover Letter
- 3 References with Contact Information
Please send the above to: Dr. Wendy Liu via email at: email@example.com.
Subject Line: Postdoctoral Application, NAME (first and last)
Note: Faculty Sponsor is Dr. Goldberg, but Faculty Mentor will be Dr. Wendy Liu
Dr. Liu’s lab is interested in studying the role of mechanosensation in the eye and its role in glaucoma and other ocular pathologies. Questions we are interested in studying include:
1) What are the ion channels that mediate pressure sensing in the eye?
2) What physiological roles do these channels play in the eye?
3) How do these ion channels mediate the development of ocular pathologies?
The postdoctoral fellow will work with Dr. Liu to perform animal studies, patch clamp recordings and develop animal models of glaucoma and other ocular diseases. The postdoctoral fellow will be joining a new lab with exciting opportunities to make discoveries that intersect ophthalmology and sensory neuroscience.
Highly motivated candidates with expertise on techniques such as eye and brain histology, molecular and cellular biology, patch clamp electrophysiology, calcium imaging and animal handling experience are encouraged to apply.
- Completion of PhD or MD PhD training.
- Previous experience in vision or neuroscience research is ideal.
- CV (please include list of publications, research skills),
- A cover letter describing your previous research experience and future research interests,
- Contact information for 3 references