POSTDOCTORAL POSITION - COLLECTIVE BEHAVIOR
Stanford University, Department of Biology
A postdoctoral position is available in Deborah Gordon's lab in the Department of Biology, Stanford University (http://www.stanford.edu/~dmgordon/) to pursue research on the ecology, evolution and mechanisms of collective behavior in ants.
Application Instructions: The position is available beginning in January 2024 for one year (with the possibility of renewal for a 2nd year contingent on availability of funding and satisfactory performance). Review of applications will begin December 1 and the position will remain open until filled.
- The position requires a motivated and self-directed scientist that is independent, conscientious, with a strong background in reproducible research and team science, and has excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Applicants should have a PhD based on the empirical study of collective behavior as well as strong quantitative skills, and a track record of productivity in peer-reviewed publications.
- Experience with field work as well as lab work is preferred.
- Statement of research interests
- The names and contact information of three references