Email required application materials to Dr. Avnesh S Thakor MD, PhD at: firstname.lastname@example.org
A Postdoctoral Fellow position is available in the Interventional Regenerative Medicine and Imaging Laboratory (IRMIL), Molecular Imaging Program at Stanford (MIPS; Director-Professor Sam Gambhir). The candidate should be a highly qualified scientist with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Our focused research program uses cutting-edge technologies to investigate pancreatic regeneration in the setting of diabetes as well as pancreatic cancer using mesenchymal stem cells, exosomes, nanoparticles and ultrasound. This position will provide the candidate with an opportunity to lead interdisciplinary research projects within these areas with a strong focus on understanding the molecular mechanisms of tissue regeneration.
- The successful applicant must have a PhD, MD/PhD or equivalent with a major in cell and molecular biology, biochemistry or Regenerative Medicine.
- Experience in stem cell biology, molecular biology and molecular imaging is highly desirable.
- Sterile tissue culture techniques, cell based imaging and assays (flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry, fluorescence microscopy, ELISA) are required, with experience in mesenchymal stem cell biology and FACS also preferred.
- He/she should have excellent writing and presentation skills and be able to work independently in a dynamic, fast paced team environment and is expected to be organized and highly productive.
- Successful applicants will have a track record of productive research, presentations and publication.
- A brief statement why you would be a good candidate for this position