To apply, please send the required application materials Dr. Avnesh S Thakor MD, PhD at: firstname.lastname@example.org
A Postdoctoral Fellow position is available in the Interventional Radiology Innovation at Stanford (IRIS) lab. The candidate should be a highly qualified material scientist with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Our focused research program uses cutting-edge technologies to investigate biomaterials for islet transplantation.
This position will provide the candidate with an opportunity to participate in interdisciplinary research projects with a strong focus on developing new strategies for biomaterials for islet transplantation.
- PhD, MD/PhD or equivalent with a major in biomaterial design, cell and molecular biology, biochemistry or Regenerative Medicine.
- Experience in stem cell and islet biology is highly desirable.
- Experience in biomaterial synthesis and handling with one or more expertise in bioscaffold construction, nanoparticle synthesis and optimization, cellular/islet biology as well as cellular encapsulation techniques.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment
- Expected to be organized and highly productive
- Successful applicants will have a track record of productive research, presentations and publication
- Brief statement why you would be a good candidate for this position