Submit required application materials using email attachments to: email@example.com.
Please place the words: POST DOC SARS-CoV-2 in the subject line of the email.
Screening of applications will begin immediately, and recruitment will continue until the position is filled. Interviews with applicants will be scheduled via phone or videoconference.
Alexandria Boehm (Stanford) and Krista Wigginton (Univ Michigan) are searching for a post doctoral researcher to assist in a large project to measure SARS-CoV-2 in wastewater from across the United States. The post doc will be stationed at Stanford University in the department of civil and environmental engineering and carry out laboratory measurements of SARS-CoV-2 RNA in wastewater along with a team of PhD students and post docs. In addition to the laboratory work, the post doctoral scholar will assist in managing the team and the laboratory work flow.
The postdoc will be expected to write and submit manuscripts collaboratively with the team fashion for peer-reviewed publication, train and mentor graduate students on molecular techniques, and assist with proposal writing. The successful candidate will be encouraged to submit the output of their work to scientific conferences and professional meetings.
The position is for one year with the possibility of renewal based on satisfactory performance and funding availability.
- An ideal candidate will know how to use QPCR and droplet digital PCR and have experience measuring viruses in environmental matrices.
- Additional experience in sequencing technologies is desirable.
- Applicants should have a Ph.D. in environmental engineering, biology, genetics, microbiology or related fields.
- The individual should possess the ability to conduct independent molecular biology measurements and carry out sound statistical analyses.
- Other essential qualifications include excellent oral and written English-language communication skills.
- Due to complexities in attaining visas and international travel during the pandemic, applicants should currently reside in the United States as citizens or with valid US visas.
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Sample of related publications
- Names and contact information of three references