Interested applicants should submit the required application materials to Adam Wang, PhD: email@example.com
A position for highly motivated postdoctoral fellows is available immediately in the areas of Artificial Intelligence and CT Imaging. The Wang lab's interests revolve around the following areas:
• Applications of artificial intelligence / machine learning / deep learning to x-ray/CT imaging
• Novel systems and methods for x-ray and CT imaging
• Dual energy / spectral imaging, including photon counting detectors
• Monte Carlo and Deterministic methods for x-ray imaging and radiation dose
• Model-based image reconstruction
Lab resources include:
• Zeego Lab (zeegolab.stanford.edu), a robotic C-arm that supports interventional imaging, animal studies, and more
• Tabletop Cone-Beam CT Lab, for prototyping novel systems, custom geometries, and phantom experiments
• Access to clinical systems, large-scale computational resources, 3D printing, machine shop, and more
The Wang lab (med.stanford.edu/wanggroup.html) is in the Radiological Sciences Laboratory (rsl.stanford.edu) in the Department of Radiology. The successful applicant will work in close collaboration within a team of researchers from Stanford Radiology and other departments.
This position will remain open until filled and is available for a minimum of 1 year, with the possibility of extension. Salary will be determined based on the experience of the candidate and University guidelines for Postdoctoral Fellows (postdocs.stanford.edu).
Candidates from diverse backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply!
- PhD in Electrical or Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science, Medical Physics, or similar
- Strong mathematical and computational skills, with demonstrated expertise in medical imaging
- Strong understanding of x-ray CT physics, reconstruction, and experimentation
- Proficient in image processing, manipulation, and analysis tools (Python and/or Matlab)
- Track record of productive research and publications
- Collaborative team spirit; strong interpersonal, communication, and writing skills; attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, be self-motivated, and an eagerness to learn
- Brief introduction