Access to the Postdoc Web Forms System
(requires appointing departments to designate at least one staffer for each of the following roles; one person cannot hold multiple roles):
- Postdoc Admin (Role 1) - typically the Student Services Manager
- Approver (Role 3) - typically the DFA or Department Manager
- Optional: Coordinator (Role 2) - reviews Role 1 work before submission to Role 3 for approval
We highly recommend designating a back up staffer for Roles 1 and 3 to cover vacations, leaves, etc.
Postdoc Admin (Role 1) system access/authority requires the trainings noted below.
Postdoc Policy and Web Forms
- Zoom sessions are scheduled for the third Friday of every month, from 9:00am-10:00am (unless otherwise noted in the Training Request form linked below)
- Request enrollment in a zoom training session here: Postdoc Admin Training Request
- Attendance in the zoom session requires completion of a Google Quiz using this web site as a resource
- An authority granting approval request is sent by Smart Sheet to the DFA/Department Manager (Role 3)
Other Postdoc Admin Trainings (may or may not be required, varies by department):
- Benelogic Training: For managing postdoc insurance.
- GFS Entry: Two online modules are required.
- J-1 Scholar Visa and H-1B Employment Visa: Training for basic visa processing.
- Orientation and Onboarding of New Postdocs: Toolkit and best practices for support of new postdocs.
- Postdoctoral Administrators Quarterly Meetings: Policy and procedures updates, issues and concerns. Past meeting slides available at Administrator's Blog.
Changing Existing Postdoc Web Forms Authority
(follow this process for staff who have previously been granted authority that is now changing)
- Changes in existing authority are granted at the request of the DFA/Department Managers (Role 3) via SNOW ticket
Information needed to change authority:
- Department name
- Staff full legal name
- SUNet ID (not ID number)
- Email address
- Phone number
- Role number
- Role 1 Admin
- Role 3 Approver
- Roles 1 and 3 cannot be the same person
- Name of staff member who currently has authority for requested role
- Should the current staff authority be removed?