Appointment actions for postdocs are managed in PeopleSoft/Axess/Web Forms. Departments need at least one admin (Role 1) and one approver (Role 3) for postdoc appointments, typically the student services or postdoc admin and the department manager, respectively. Access/authority for Role 1 users requires training.
Required PeopleSoft Training:
Required Policy and Web Forms Training:
Trainings for Policy and Web Forms are the first Friday of every month and take 2.5 hours.
- Register by emailing Al Murray at alistair (at) stanford.edu
- Authority for Postdoc Web Forms is granted by OPA at the request of Department Managers/DFAs (Role 3).
Schedule a desktop training session using Zoom:
- SoM: alistair (at) stanford.edu for scheduling.
- All other Schools: Zoom sessions on the third Friday of every month from 9:00-11:30am. Contact Tammy Wilson at tjwilson (at) stanford.edu to sign up.
Postdoc Open Lab (not PeopleSoft/GFS Lab):
The lab is unstructured and available for any questions if nobody has signed up for a formal training. First come, first served. Bring your real work with you for help. Note: Contact Al Murray to make sure there is not a full training already taking place; if so, you may walk into a 2.5 hour training session. Bring your laptop.
First Friday of every month, 9:15 am - 11:45 am, except where otherwise noted below.
Location: Medical School Office Building (MSOB), Room x146
- Feb 07, 2020
- Mar 06, 2020
- Apr 03, 2020
- May 01, 2020
- Jun 05, 2020
PeopleSoft GFS Help:
- Submit Service Now ticket to PeopleSoft GFS assistance
- Benelogic Training: For managing postdoc insurance.
- GFS Entry: Both the online entry module and the classroom-based policy class are required. Take policy before taking the online entry module.
- J-1 Scholar Visa and H-1B Employment Visa: Training for basic visa processing.
- Orientation and Onboarding of New Postdocs: Toolkit and best practices for support of new postdocs.
- Postdoctoral Administrators Quarterly Meetings: Policy and procedures updates, issues and concerns. Past meeting slides available at Administrator's Blog.