Access to the Postdoc Web Forms System requires appointing departments to designate at least one staffer for each of the following roles (one person cannot hold multiple roles):
- Postdoc Admin (Role 1) - typically the Student Services Manager or Postdoc Admin
- Approver (Role 3) - typically the DFA or Department Manager
- Optional: Coordinator (Role 2) - reviews Role 1 work before submission to Role 3 for approval
We highly recommend designating a back up staffer for Roles 1 and 3 to cover vacations, leaves, etc.
Postdoc Admin (Role 1) system access/authority requires the trainings noted below.
Postdoc Policy and Web Forms
- Zoom sessions are scheduled for the third Friday of every month, from 9:00am-10:00am.
- Request enrollment in a zoom training session here: Postdoc Admin Training Request
- Attendance in the zoom session requires completion of a Google Quiz using this web site as a resource
- An authority granting approval request is sent by Smart Sheet to the Approver (Role 3) named in the training request form
Other Postdoc Admin Trainings (may or may not be required, varies by department):
- Benelogic Training: For managing postdoc insurance.
- GFS Entry: Both the online entry module and the classroom-based policy class are required. Take policy before taking the online entry module.
- J-1 Scholar Visa and H-1B Employment Visa: Training for basic visa processing.
- Orientation and Onboarding of New Postdocs: Toolkit and best practices for support of new postdocs.
- Postdoctoral Administrators Quarterly Meetings: Policy and procedures updates, issues and concerns. Past meeting slides available at Administrator's Blog.
Postdoc Web Forms System Authority Granting and Removal
Changes in current staff authority for postdoc web forms are granted at the request of the DFA/Department Managers (Role 3)
DFAs/Department Managers submit authority change requests via SNOW ticket
Information needed to change authority:
- Department name
- Staff full legal name
- SUNet ID (not ID number)
- Email address
- Phone number
- Role number
- Role 1 Admin
- Role 3 Approver
- Roles 1 and 3 cannot be the same person
- Name of staff member who currently has authority for requested role
- Should the current staff authority be removed?