Please submit your application via email to email@example.com
We are seeking two-three highly motivated Postdoctoral Fellows to join Dr. Yang’s research lab in the Department of Neurology at Stanford University School of Medicine. The successful candidates will work independently and with other team members on projects involving the molecular and cellular mechanisms underlying neurodegeneration with animal models. More emphasis are on cytoskeletal functions and regulations.
Essential duties will be to independently and collaboratively design and conduct laboratory experiments, primarily in cellular system and rodent models. Specific duties may include but are not limited to: genetic and functional analyses of mutant mice; imaging and quantitative analyses; DNA recombinant methods and plasmid cloning; biochemistry including western blotting, protein purification, and protein interaction studies; and manuscript preparation in cooperation with the P.I. Once trained, the successful candidate may be responsible for training other laboratory personnel, as needed.
- The minimal qualifications are a Ph.D. in molecular biology, genetics, biochemistry, developmental biology, cell biology, or a very closely related field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Three strongly supportive letters of recommendation
- Applicants must have a strong record of authorships in peer-reviewed high-quality scientific journals including primary research papers
- Extensive working laboratory experience with methods relevant to the genetics, cell biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, and developmental biology of rodents or other model systems
- Background on data sciences is highly desired
- Along with your application, a cover letter describing your specific interests and background
- Resume or C.V.
- Contact information for three relevant references
- 1–2-page description of what specifically interests you about this particular position and area of science
- three reference letters