Please submit application materials to Paul George (email@example.com)
Interested in joining a team exploring how the nervous system recovers from injury and developing new therapies to heal the brain? The George lab in the Department of Neurology and Neurological Sciences is looking for a postdoctoral fellow focused on applying cutting edge engineering and/or neuroscience techniques to understand and improve brain recovery.
Our group harnesses tissue engineering, stem cell, and neuroscience techniques to develop new methods of neural recovery and tissue regeneration. The project is focused on using methods developed in our lab to improve stroke recovery. This position will work with a multi-disciplinary group to tackle the challenges of triggering the repair processes of the nervous system in stroke and neurodegenerative conditions. Opportunities for self-originated project design and execution exist.
Responsibilities will be matched to the experience level and career goals of the successful candidate.
- PhD in relevant graduate program (engineering, stem cell, neurobiology, or neuroscience discipline) completed by the start date.
- Ability to work well within a diverse team
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work independently
- Able to maintain detailed records of experiments and outcomes.
- Tissue culture experience
- Animal model experience
- Tissue histology experience
- Contact information for 3 references