Please submit your application materials to:
Paul George - email@example.com
The George Lab at Stanford has a postdoctoral position available for candidates interested in pursuing research in a multidiscpinary lab, working at the interface of neuroscience and bioengineering. The position is ideal for individuals with solid training in the neuroscience or bioengineering fields. The George lab focuses on the application of bioengineering techniques such as biomaterials, stem cells, and electrical stimulation for stroke recovery and other neuroregenerative applications. Our research specifically seeks to determine how these tools can be used to create and understand the environment needed for neural recovery after stroke or other neurological insults. It also examines the interface between biomaterials and neural tissue. The ultimate goal is to translate these discoveries into clinical therapies for stroke and other neurological disease.
- An ideal candidate should have should have fewer than three (3) years postdoctoral experience and PhD training in the areas of bioengineering, electrical engineering, chemical engineering, stem cell biology, or neuroscience.
- Candidates with stroke neuroscience or biomaterials background are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Comfort working with rodent animal models is desired.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter (stating career goals, research interest and past accomplishments)
- Contact information for 3 referees