Submit to "Heidi Chau; firstname.lastname@example.org" with subject title "Machine Learning Postdoc Position – First Name & Last Name" .
Heidi is the administrative associate who supports Dr. Wall. Please address all supporting docs to Dr. Wall, if applicable.
The Wall Lab in the Department of Pediatrics, Division of Systems Medicine, and Department of Biomedical Data Science at Stanford University seeks a talented, highly motivated postdoctoral researcher with a background in machine learning and/or mobile and wearable computing. The Wall Lab is developing software for platforms including mobile phones and Google Glass to support AI-driven techniques to rapidly diagnose, track, and treat autism.
Responsibilities for this position include a combination of:
● Developing mobile software for Android, iOS, or Google Glass platforms
● Developing deep-learning approaches for insight and analysis about human behavior from video
● Machine Learning: use your expertise in statistics and machine learning to analyze messy real-world data sets (mainly image/video) and then create solutions that are general, repeatable, and automated
● Make it easy to get high quality, automated, results without expert intervention. Build scalable products and reusable libraries in Python, Scala, and/or C++, taking advantage of Spark, Hadoop, and other tool stacks as appropriate.
● Developing computational and algorithmic approaches to understand and characterize speech and vocalizations
● Interact cross-functionally: work with people across the team to find creative solutions and deliver them
● Skilled at data visualization and presentation
The candidate will be called upon to present work at national and international research conferences.
● Ph.D. in Computer Science, Information Science, Biomedical Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related technical discipline.
● Experience with Computer Vision and Deep Learning architectures (CNNs, RNNs, etc).
● Strong foundation in machine learning and data science.
● Programming skills with proficiency in Python, Java, and/or R.
● Experience with cloud development ecosystems – Google or AWS.
● Experience with machine learning frameworks such as scikit-learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch, and/or Keras.
● Experience with mobile app development for Android and/or iOS platforms.
● Experience with speech processing or audio signal processing.
● Ability to present/visualize outputs to multidisciplinary audience.
● Cover Letter
● Statement of Interest
● Curriculum Vitae
● Contact information from 3 references