POSTDOCTORAL POSITION: The Gu Lab seeks to train a postdoctoral fellow interested in new minimally invasive approaches for molecular diagnostics. The ideal candidate will have a sufficient quantitative background to carry out computational data analysis. Expertise with next-generation sequencing, assay automation, and molecular experimental techniques will be helpful. The candidate will have the chance to gain experience within molecular diagnostics, emphasizing ‘liquid biopsy’ cell-free DNA biomarkers, and next-generation sequencing wet and dry lab techniques. Past applications have historically been related to cancer, prenatal, and infectious disease, but are not limited to these areas.
The Gu Lab is a multidisciplinary team that focuses on developing and translating new molecular technologies to advance less invasive and early diagnostics for the benefit of future patients. As part of the Stanford Department of Pathology, the lab is closely affiliated with the clinical laboratories and within the same building as the Molecular Genetic Pathology and the Clinical Genomics Laboratories. Dr. Gu is a board-certified Molecular Pathologist in these laboratories. We have access to next-generation sequencers, automation, and a large bank of biospecimens to develop and trial cutting-edge diagnostic technologies.
For more information, please visit: cfna.stanford.edu
• Ph.D. or MD/Ph.D. degree prior to starting.
• Preference for expertise with next-generation sequencing or epigenetics with exposure to both the wet lab and dry lab.
• Preference for strong computational/mathematical skills with experience working with large datasets, multidimensional, and/or longitudinal analysis.
• Preference for fluency in shell, python, and R, and a familiarity with standard software packages related to next-generation sequencing, genomics, and epigenetics.
• Track record of productive research through peer-reviewed publications.
• A self-starter, team player, with an eagerness to quickly learn new fields.
• 1-page max Cover Letter on your specific interest in this position and the relevant background
• CV (3-page max)
• Links or Pubmed ID to the most crucial publications where you were a primary contributor
• References: 3 references + contact information