Please send required application materials to email@example.com
The laboratory of Vivek Bhalla, MD is seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral candidate to join its research program. The laboratory is housed within a community of scientists and physician-scientists in newly renovated facilities within Stanford Research Park. The laboratory focuses on hormone-induced signaling pathways active in diabetic kidney disease. Specific areas of interest include elucidating the role of specific genes in podocyte and endothelial cell function in diabetic glomeruli. Elucidating the important regulators of these pathways will involve biochemical, molecular, and genetic approaches. This work will involve multidisciplinary collaborations with leading scientists here at Stanford and around the country in nephropathology, cardiovascular medicine, and protein biochemistry.
The laboratory is funded by several grants, including an R01 award from NIDDK, philanthropy, and institutional awards. Several current and former postdoctoral fellows have been awarded individual fellowships from the AHA, NIH, Hillblom Foundation, and The Fulbright Program. Several former trainees have successfully transitioned to positions in academia and industry.
The Bhalla Lab is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in biomedical research and encourages all to apply.
- Applicants must be a US Citizen or a US Permanent Resident.
- Prior experience with tissue culture, pharmacology, and animal handling is required. Ideal candidates will have an M.D. and/or Ph.D. with a strong background in cell and molecular biology.
- Expertise with transgenic mice would be beneficial.
- The candidate will be expected to learn new techniques and develop independent avenues of research.
- It is imperative that the candidate be fluent in both spoken and written English.
- Curriculum vitae
- Brief statement of interest
- Contact information for three references