Please send required application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
The laboratory of Vivek Bhalla, MD is seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral candidate to join its research program. The laboratory focuses on hormone-induced signaling pathways active in diabetic kidney disease. Specific areas of interest include elucidating the role of specific genes in podocyte and endothelial cell function in diabetic glomeruli. Elucidating the important regulators of these pathways will involve biochemical, molecular, and genetic approaches. This work will involve multidisciplinary collaborations with leading scientists here at Stanford and around the country in nephropathology, cardiovascular medicine, and protein biochemistry.
- Applicants must be a US Citizen or a US Permanent Resident.
- Prior experience with tissue culture, pharmacology, and animal handling is required. Ideal candidates will have an M.D. and/or Ph.D. with a strong background in cell and molecular biology.
- The candidate will be expected to learn new techniques and develop independent avenues of research.
- It is imperative that the candidate be fluent in both spoken and written English.
- Curriculum vitae
- Brief statement of interest
- Contact information for three references