Please email materials to Gaby Luna-Victoria (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We are seeking an individual for a postdoctoral fellowship related to maternal and perinatal health who has training and experience in epidemiology or a related field (e.g., PhD or clinician scientist with a research doctorate). The primary mentor is Professor Suzan Carmichael. This postdoctoral research opportunity will be focused primarily on maternal health outcomes in the United States, with a particular emphasis on severe maternal morbidities, social determinants, health care, and health equity (but flexible depending on personal interests). The post-doc will have the opportunity to collaborate with a variety of epidemiologists, clinician-scientists, biostatisticians, and social scientists at Stanford University as well as other institutions. The post- doc will be located at the Stanford School of Medicine and have opportunities to be involved with a variety of other groups at Stanford University such as the Dunlevie Maternal-Fetal Medicine Center, the California Maternal Quality Care Collaborative (CMQCC), the California Perinatal Quality Care Collaborative (CPQCC), and the Center for Population Health Sciences.
The ideal candidate will be interested in an academic research career conducting epidemiologic research related to reproductive, maternal, and infant health outcomes. The candidate will have:
• Familiarity with statistical software, (e.g., SAS, R)
• Strong training in quantitative epidemiologic methods (e.g., causal inference methods, Bayesian methods)
• Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
• A high level of motivation to make a difference in maternal and perinatal health
• NOTE: Applicants need not have completed their doctoral training prior to applying, although training must be completed prior to the start of the fellowship.
Interested applicants should submit the following materials:
1. Curriculum vitae
2. Cover letter describing research interests to be pursued during training
3. One lead-author published or unpublished manuscript
4. Names and contact information of two references
Applications received before September 15, 2023 will be given priority, but applications will be accepted until the position is filled.