Please email the required application materials to:
Summer Han, Ph.D. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Assistant Professor of Medicine and Neurosurgery
Quantitative Sciences Unit
Stanford Center for Biomedical Informatics Research (BMIR)
Stanford University School of Medicine
Applications are invited for postdoctoral fellow positions to join Dr. Summer Han’s research group in the Stanford Center for Biomedical Informatics Research at Stanford University. This position emphasizes developing and applying statistical and machine learning methods for analyzing genomic data (RNA-seq, DNA methylation, and single-cell RNA-seq data) and for building prediction models for various cancers using time-to-event outcomes.
Specific areas of interest include but are not limited to (1) machine learning methods for time-to event outcomes, (2) whole-genomic sequencing data analysis for cancer genomics, (3) risk prediction modeling for survival/competing risks data, (4) single-cell RNA seq data analysis. We seek an individual with strong statistical and computing backgrounds.
The candidate will be co-mentored by Dr. Hanlee Ji at Stanford (https://dna-discovery.stanford.edu/).
- Successful applicants should have a strong background in bioinformatics, biostatistics, or computational biology
- PhD degree
- Hands-on experience in algorithmic implementation, statistical programming and data manipulation, using R/Bioconductor and contemporary, open-source bioinformatics tools and database structures
- Strong programming skill in R is required
- A cover letter
- A short description of research interests
- Contact information of three referees