Please email all materials to "email@example.com"
The Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition Division (Peds GI) and Husain Lab at Stanford University is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Postdoctoral Fellow to join us in our study of inflammatory mechanisms in pancreatitis.
The Husain Lab is located in the new Research Park Building at 1701 Page Mill. We are active members of the Departments of Pediatrics and Peds GI, participating in seminars as well as weekly lab meetings.
We are seeking a self-motivated individual with excellent communication skills and work ethic. The individual will closely work with others and must be a good team player.
The Peds GI advances the treatment of pediatric gastrointestinal and liver disorders through the coordinated efforts of its patient care, research and educational activities. Our mission is to heal children with digestive disease through innovation. We provide comprehensive GI care to children throughout our region and lead global destination programs that deliver highly specialized care and train the next generation of pediatric gastroenterologists. Currently, the Division has ~30 pediatric gastroenterologists with nationally recognized expertise through their research, teaching, and clinical programs which attracts leading candidates to their fellowship program.
The Department of Pediatrics is a dynamic, stimulating place to work and because we are focused on growth and improved excellence, our staff have particularly challenging and rewarding roles.
• PhD with training preferably in immunology or closely related field.
• Comprehensive understanding of scientific principles.
• Expert level knowledge and skills in field of science related to research project.
• Technical competence and passionate with cell culture and genetic editing (knockout and overexpression) techniques.
• Strong molecular and cell biology techniques, as well as experience working with mouse and human models.
• Strong general computer skills, experience with databases and scientific applications, and ability to quickly learn and master various computer programs.
• A MD, PhD or equivalent with prior relevant training in Immunology, Biology, Physiology, Biochemistry or related field.
• Optimally 5+ years of experience in molecular and cell biology, including experience in single cell sorting (FACS) and analysis.
• Experience with CRISPR genetic editing techniques.
• Experience with immunofluorescence and confocal microscopy.
• Experience with diverse clinical patient sample analysis.
• Must be technically rigorous, highly organized, and have demonstrated excellence, innovation and productivity in research.
• Able to work independently and function effectively as part of a team of physicians, students, postdoctoral fellows, and laboratory and animal technicians and staff.
• Summary of previous research experience and interest
• Three references