Cover letter that describes your research interests and background
Contact information for three references
We are thrilled to announce an opening for a talented postdoctoral scholar to join our team at Stanford. Our group is dedicated to developing innovative therapies to treat chronic bacterial infections with a particular emphasis on bacteriophages. This fellowship provides an opportunity to contribute to research developing innovative strategies for bacteriophage engineering and delivery. The postdoctoral fellow will work with Dr. Paul Bollyky, Associate Professor in Infectious Diseases and Geographic Medicine, along with research partners in the Stanford School of Bioengineering, including Dr. Ovijit Chaudhuri and Dr. Markus Covert.
Our goal is to develop effective approaches for treating antimicrobial resistant infections in high-risk populations, including patients with chronic wounds, burns, and lung infections. Our ongoing studies are focused on both improved delivery of phages, including work with excipients and hydrogels, and engineering them to work more effectively, including improving host range and synergy with conventional antibiotics.
These studies provide unique opportunities to develop innovative approaches to phage therapy and to develop skills in drug delivery, synthetic biology, and the creation of novel anti-infectives. In addition to these projects, the fellow will have the freedom and support to explore other research interests related to phages, bacteria, or other aspects of infectious diseases.
- The ideal candidate will have a PhD in microbiology, immunology, molecular biology, bioengineering, computational biology, or a related field.
- Previous experience working on bacterial infections and bacteriophages is a plus but is not required.
- The successful candidate will be an independent, highly motivated problem solver who communicates well and enjoys working in a collaborative, interdisciplinary environment.
- Cover letter that describes your research interests and background
- Curriculum vitae
- Contact information for three references