Send application materials by email to: Dr. Olivia Martinez at email@example.com
Post-doctoral scholar position available immediately to study the human T cell immune response to viral pathogens. Studies will examine viral-specific T cell receptors in peripheral blood or tissue samples to identify a protective T cell signature for viral infection using molecular and biocomputational approaches. Applicant will be part of basic and translational laboratory group and would be responsible for 1) planning and conducting experiments for single cell and bulk sequencing of T cells for T cell receptor diversity and effector molecules 2) data analysis and interpretation 3) presentation or results within the research group and at scientific meetings 4) preparation of manuscripts, abstracts and contribution to grant applications.
- Seeking a highly motivated individual with expertise in immunology, molecular biology, or infectious disease including single cell analyses or immune receptor sequencing.
- The successful candidate will work closely with basic and translational scientists to complete T cell receptor and function analyses of human immune responses to virus including EBV and CMV.
- PhD, MD, or MD/PhD with experience in molecular biology, immunology, bioinformatics and computational biology or similar.
- Experience in single cell analyses of T cell molecules
- Experience in sequencing of immune antigen receptors (T and/or B cell)
- Experience in flow cytometry or CyTOF
- programming (such as R)
- proven track record
- strong written and oral communication skills
- Statement of interest
- Names of 3 references