To apply, please submit your materials to email@example.com
Michele Gelfand seeks to fill a position for a postdoctoral researcher to join the culture group at the Stanford Graduate School of Business. The postdoc will collaborate with Dr. Gelfand on projects related to culture, conflict, negotiation, trust, stigma, and forgiveness among other topics. This is a one-year position, renewable for a second year, assuming performance at or above expectations.
The ideal candidate will have a PhD in social or organizational psychology or organizational behavior or related field, be proficient with experimental and field methodologies, and have strong knowledge of statistics, including multilevel modeling and experience analyzing big datasets (e.g., longitudinal surveys, cross-cultural analyses, analyses of twitter, among others) and /or computational modeling.The position will involve substantial input on the development of projects and co-authored work with the PI. It will also involve work coordinating existing research projects, including working with doctoral students and research assistants.
The desired start date of the position is August 15, 2023, and completion of the PhD degree is required before the appointment starts. If appointed, the applicant will be a member of the Organizational Behavior group at Stanford GSB and will be able to participate in group seminars, workshops, and informal knowledge sharing. The expected base pay range for this position is $75,000 - $85,000. The pay offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors including (but not limited to) the qualifications of the selected candidate, budget availability, and internal equity. The position comes with health benefits and access to Stanford resources.
For best consideration, please submit your materials by April 15th.
- PhD in a social or organizational psychology or organizational behavior or relevant field
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent statistical skills
- Conscientious, self-motivated, and organized
- Ability to work with others
- A cover letter describing your interest in and qualifications for this position
- Up to three writing samples that demonstrate your expertise and fit for the position
- The names and contact information of up to three letter writers