Post Doctoral Fellowship, Stanford University, Suppes Center for the History and Philosophy of Science
We are seeking a post doctoral fellow in Logic, Methodology, and Philosophy of Science broadly conceived. We are especially interested in philosophers concentrating on one (or more) of the special sciences (biology, physics, psychology, neuro-science, etc.), and/or the history and philosophy of the science (or sciences) in question. But we shall also consider applicants doing methodological work in general philosophy of science, including formal work in logic, probability, or epistemology in connection with such methodological issues.
The appointment term is September 1, 2019-August 31, 2020. The initial term may be renewed for an additional year. Applicants must have completed all requirements for their PhD by June 30, 2019. The application deadline is May 15, 2019 (5:00 pm Pacific Daylight Time).
- Applicants must have completed all requirements for their PhD by June 30, 2019.
- Candidates must also be no more than 3 years from the awarding of their degree (i.e., September 2016).
- Cover letter
- Writing sample (no more than 25 pages)
- Three letters of recommendation
- A one-page research statement and a teaching portfolio