Send application to: email@example.com
Postdoctoral position in kidney disease decision support, faculty mentor Manjula Tamura
We are looking for a motivated post-doctoral scholar with a background in qualitative research methods and an interest in serious illness decision making for kidney disease. Our goal is to develop tools that will support patients, clinicians and families to make informed, goal-concordant dialysis decisions. Potential outcomes of this work include the development of a web-based decision aid, prognostic calculator, or web-based kidney supportive care navigator.
I am a nephrologist and health services investigator at Stanford University and the Veterans Affairs (VA) Palo Alto. My research program in chronic kidney disease (CKD) aims to generate real world evidence to improve CKD treatment and management strategies. Our research group applies a range of methods to pursue questions of interest, including methods to estimate real world treatment effects, measurement of patient-centered outcomes, pragmatic trials, qualitative studies, and decision analysis.
- Doctoral degree in Social sciences, health policy, population health or related field
- Prior training in qualitative research methods, discrete choice experiments, and/or decision support
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Interest in development of web-based tools
- Eligibility to work in the Veterans Health Administration
- Cover letter with description of research interests
- Contact information of 2-3 references