Email CV and letters to Eugene.butcher (at) Stanford.edu.
Postdoctoral position to apply innovative single cell and imaging approaches to the study of endothelial stem cells and vascular specialization in tumor and immune/inflammatory angiogenesis. This is an opportunity for an outstanding candidate to combine experimental and computational approaches to probe fundamental issues in vascular biology, angiogenesis and immune cell trafficking in mice and humans.
Applicants should have a track record of productivity and a passion for their science. Recent PhD or MD & eligibility for fellowship support from NIH training grants or from the country of origin are required. Individuals with experience in imaging, bioinformatics (transcriptomics, epigenomics, computational sciences), immunology and/or in vascular developmental biology are encouraged to apply.
• Recent Ph.D. in vascular biology or related field; .... OR
• Recent Ph.D. in bioinformatics or computational sciences combined with significant experience in biomedical research.
• Eligibility for NIH fellowships and training grants, or fellowships from the country of origin.
• Applicants with experience in vitro and in vivo assays of angiogenesis and those with a strong background in math or in biocomputation are especially encouraged to apply.
Applicant should show evidence of......
• Strong motivation and a passion for science
• Positive attitude
• Experience in in vitro and in vivo vascular biology techniques
• Knowledge of vascular biology, inflammation and disease models
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Ability to innovate to solve problems and implement new techniques
• Experience, relevant training or capabilities in bioinformatics or computation.
• Interest in integrating wet lab and informatic/computational approaches
• Effective communication skills (written and verbal)
• Strong record of productivity and publication
• Experience in imaging and image analysis, flow cytometry, and high dimensional single cell cytometry is desirable
• “Research Statement” describing your interests and experience and how these align with those of our group (up to one page). This can be incorporated into a cover letter
• CV, including a publication list with a brief (1-2 sentence) description of your contributions to published work
• Names and contact information for references