Applicants should submit the required application materials electronically, in pdf form.
Please send inquiries and applications to email@example.com with the subject heading of "Alumni Postdoc."
The Taube Center for Jewish Studies at Stanford University invites qualified candidates to apply to the Dr. Eli Reinhard Stanford Alumni Postdoctoral Fellowship. The Stanford Reinhard Fellow will be appointed for one year, from September 2022-August 2023.
We invite applications from Stanford graduates or Stanford PhD students in any discipline who work on Jewish Studies topics, broadly defined. We seek to support the finalizing or revising of the dissertation with an eye toward publication alongside promoting the recipient's ongoing research using Stanford Libraries and with access to the Taube Center's core and affiliated faculty.
The Fellowship will provide a minimum annual salary of $68,500, and will include benefits and an annual research stipend. This is a full-time position, housed in the Taube Center for Jewish Studies. The Fellow will be expected to be in residence at Stanford, and to be an active member of our scholarly community. This includes participating in the Graduate Student Research Colloquium and presenting a public lecture reflecting the progress of their research. Teaching opportunities may also be possible. The Fellow may not undertake any other sustained employment for the duration of their postdoctoral appointment.
- Applicants must have earned the PhD from Stanford University in 2021 or 2022.
- A letter of intent describing the dissertation project and intentions for publication. Additionally, the letter should describe how the applicant would use the fellowship period to further their research beyond the dissertation (not to exceed 3 pages);
- A current CV;
- A writing sample, not to exceed 20 pages;
- Names and contact information of dissertation advisor and committee members;
- Name and contact information of up to one reference outside of Stanford (optional).