Email Dr. Yu at email@example.com
Postdoc position in genetic testing technology development. (Co-mentor: Stanley Qi)
In collaboration with Dr. Stanley Qi in Bioengineering, Dr. Bo Yu's lab in the Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (REI), Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Stanford University currently has an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow who is interested in developing novel genetic tests in gametes and preimplantation embryos using mouse and human materials.
We are searching for a postdoctoral candidate who is excellent with hands-on lab work, self-motivated, and collaborative. The individual will contribute to ongoing research projects and be actively involved in all aspects of the lab activities including collecting samples, conducting experiments, reviewing literature, preparing interpretation and summaries of results, participating in conferences, and lab management duties.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Mouse handling, dissection, injection
- Embryo culture
- Gene editing
- Confocal and fluorescent Cell imaging
- Single-cell sequencing library preparation, DNA and RNA extraction and quantification, Quantitative PCR
- Western blot, FACS
- Other Cellular and molecular biology techniques
- Shared lab management responsibilities, training incoming students and other trainees
- PhD in biological science, bioengineering or biotechnology and a minimum of three years of research laboratory experience.
- Prior experience with cell culture, imaging, gene editing, molecular biology, and mouse handling is required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a research team.
- CV: including a complete publication list
- Cover letter: including a description of relevant research experience, research interests, expectations from the position, preferred start date, and visa status
- Contact information of at least 3 referees