Please submit applications before March 14, 2023 via https://forms.gle/wKjNJHGcbfrJMXgQ7
Direct any questions to Dr. Barnabas Daru at email@example.com. The start date is May 2023, with flexibility.
A 2-year postdoctoral position in developing analytical methods and tools for evolutionary biogeography and macroecology is available in the lab of Barnabas Daru (https://darulab.org/) in the Department of Biology at Stanford University. This position is part of a collaborative, NSF funded Division of Biological Infrastructure project titled “phyloregion, computational infrastructure for biogeographic regionalization and macroecology in the R computing environment.” The position is 100% research.
The responsibilities are to: (1) Develop new methods for analyzing biome evolution; (2) Develop new tools to visualize patterns of biogeography, macroecology and evolution; and (3) Develop new tools for conservation that reflect the key dimensions of phylogenetic diversity including richness, divergence, and regularity (https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.4792835).
The Daru Lab is supportive of opportunities for professional development (through Office of Postdoctoral Affairs; https://postdocs.stanford.edu/). The postdoc will also have the opportunity to participate in a users workshop on biogeographic methods held at Stanford Hopkins Marine Station and Turtle Cove Field Station, Louisiana. We strive to provide a flexible, comfortable, inclusive environment for research and professional growth.
Prospective postdocs from traditionally under-represented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
- PhD in ecology, biology, evolution, biogeography, statistics or a related field
- Demonstrated expertise in spatial analysis and programming in the R computing environment
- Prior experience with GIS/geospatial analysis, R package development, Git, and/or reproducible research would be an asset.
Applicants should electronically submit a single PDF containing the following:
1. a 2-page cover letter detailing your research interests and skills that match the position
2. a recent CV (with contact information for 3-5 references listed at the end)