Submit the required application materials using email attachments to: email@example.com.
Please place the words: RISK POST DOC in the subject line of the email.
A post-doctoral researcher position is available in the Dept of Civil & Environmental Engineering at Stanford University starting 1 Nov 2020. The post doctoral researcher will work on a project to characterize the risk associated with scuba diving in contaminated waters. The project is a collaboration between Stanford and researchers at Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute. The project will include creating a data-driven model of contamination of coastal waters along the global coast line, following by creating a rubric for a rapid risk assessment applicable to exposure via diving.
The successful candidate will be encouraged to write manuscripts for peer-reviewed journals, and submit the output of their work to scientific conferences and professional meetings.
- An ideal candidate will be familiar with microbial risk assessment, excel in statistical analysis and the use of data-driven models, and be familiar with the methodology of carrying out systematic literature reviews.
- Applicants should have a Ph.D. in Environmental Engineering or related fields.
- Other essential qualifications include excellent oral and written English-language communication skills.
- Due to complexities in attaining visas and international travel during the pandemic, applicants should currently reside in the United States as citizens or with valid US visas.
- There is a possibility, but not guarantee, of remote work for this position due to the pandemic.
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- 2 related publications
- Names and contact information of three references