This event is part of series:
Would you like to know the secret to high-output, low-stress scholarly writing? In academia, it is often assumed that writing comes naturally. However, an overwhelming body of research shows that there are very clear and practical strategies that can greatly increase your writing productivity. Co-sponsored by the Biosciences Grant Writing Academy.
This workshop will help you to understand:
- why it is hard to get started
- how we deliberately use distractions to slow down writing
- the principles of "quick starting"
- how to deal with destructive internal beliefs
- how to set a writing plan and stick to it
- how to set achievable goals by writing in a silo
- how to greatly increase the number of actual words you produce
- how to clarify your thinking, and improve the quality of your word