This event is part of series:
Every day, postdocs at Stanford are making discoveries and creating new technologies. Some of these innovations have the potential to move outside the ivory tower and make the world a better place through commercialization. This seminar will explain how patenting and licensing can help make that happen.
Join Andrea Blecken and Ximena Ares from the Stanford Office of Technology Licensing (OTL) to learn the answers to questions such as:
- What makes an idea patentable?
- How do innovations become products or companies through licensing?
- When should ideas be disclosed to OTL?
- How does the patenting process work?
- How is inventorship different than authorship and how do you determine who is an inventor?
Who should attend: Postdocs in all disciplines and any other faculty, staff or students interested in learning more about patents and licensing