please submit your application via email to email@example.com
If you have completed scientific degree and training and would like to start a career as a science writer/editor, we have a postdoral position open for you. You'll write and/or edit complex content for grant proposals, peer-reviewed publications, patents and communications. In collaboration with faculty and lab members, prepares grant applications and papers pertaining to new frontiers in cell biology, molecular biology, genetics, neuroscience, and biotechnology. Ideal person is responsible for editing and coordinating the written content, technical and stylistic, together with associated figures for papers and grant proposals with the lab members and faculty. He or she must be able to meet proposal submission deadlines and funding goals, relate scientific and strategic goals to individual grant opportunities, and remain informed about information technologies, research trends, and research development within the PIs as well as other research institutions, universities and government entities within the field.
Successful postdoctoral Science Writer/Editors possess the following competencies:
• Ability to understand and present complex biological/scientific information in a comprehensive way that is understood by general science readers
• Ability to collaborate effectively on a multidisciplinary team
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to manage multiple projects and adhere to deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ph.D./MD. in medical or biological sciences field
• Demonstrated successful writing experience
- Along with your application, a cover letter describing your specific interests and background
- Resume or C.V.
- Contact information for three relevant references
- 1–2-page description of what specifically interests you about this particular position
- Arrange Three reference letters