Email your application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT: Subject Line: Ophthalmology Postdoctoral Scholar Application
One postdoctoral fellow position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Yang Hu at Department of Ophthalmology, Stanford University School of Medicine.
We are studying the molecular mechanisms of neurodegeneration and axon regeneration after CNS injury and neurological diseases, using retinal ganglion cell (RGC) and optic nerve as a model system for various optic neuropathies including glaucoma, traumatic injury and inflammation. The successful candidate will contribute to research and development in the development of gene therapy for neuroprotection and regeneration of RGCs and optic nerve.
The laboratory is situated in a new research building surrounded by many excellent labs with tremendous training opportunities for cutting edge techniques. In addition, Stanford University provides an excellent nurturing and collegial academic environment for highly motivated trainees in career development.
- We are seeking highly motivated candidates who have demonstrated academic excellence
- Recently obtained Ph.D in broad biomedical research fields
- Experiences in deep sequencing, statistical analysis, program coding, genetics and mitochondria biology are desired, but more important is the passion for basic and translational research
- One-page statement of research accomplishments and interest
- Updated CV
- Reference List (3 contacts)