Dr. Y. Joyce Liao
Stanford Postdoctoral Fellow Position in Eye-Brain Research
We have an opening for three full-time postdoctoral fellow (immediately available) in the laboratory of Y. Joyce Liao, M.D. Ph.D. in the Department of Ophthalmology to conduct human or animal vision research.
The postdoctoral fellow will work as part of Dr. Liao’s lab to perform human or animal vision research. One focus is on optic neuropathies, which includes studies of retinal ganglion cells, glia, and the role of inflammation in disease. A second focus is on the eye-brain structure/connection and function.
The goals of these studies are to better understand the factors that contribute to irreversible loss of neurons and vision and to identify effective treatment options, including neuroprotection, stem cell therapy, and functional recovery approaches.
- Completion of Ph.D., M.D., or M.D. Ph.D. training and a track record of writing and publication.
- One position will require experience with large animal research.
- Preference is given to those with experience in vision research.
- Those with experience in microscopy, in vivo imaging, and image analysis are encouraged to apply.
- Please send a copy of your CV (please include list of publications, research skills, and any references)