Please submit application materials to Teresa Nicolson by email (email@example.com).
We study the senses of balance and hearing using zebrafish as our animal model. Postdoctoral training will include mastering the use of multiple methods/tools for investigation of auditory/vestibular dysfunction in larvae such as imaging of live fish, behavioral testing, transgenic expression of genes, and physiological analyses. We are seeking highly motivated candidates with a strong track record. The ideal candidate will have experience with zebrafish or other genetic model organisms. Many lab alumni have moved on to positions in academia or industry. Our lab recently relocated from the Oregon Hearing Research Center and the Vollum Institute. Please see more information on the Nicolson lab at https://profiles.stanford.edu/teresa-nicolson, https://zfin.org/action/profile/view/ZDB-LAB-001113-2, https://www.ohsu.edu/xd/research/centers-institutes/vollum/faculty/nicol..., and https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Teresa_Nicolson.
- Ph.D. in Neuroscience or related field
- A strong track record of publication in peer-reviewed journals
- A cover letter expressing why you are interested in joining the lab
- A brief description of your research experience and your contributions to published work
- Your CV
- The names and contact information for three references