Please send all requested materials to Nikole Shimizu, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Foung laboratory in the Department of Pathology is accepting applications for a postdoctoral fellowship in determining immune correlates of protection against hepatitis C virus. More specifically, the candidate will focus on the isolation of neutralizing antibodies from humans or nonhuman primates to identify viral genes participating in the virus entry pathway and to determine mechanisms of virus neutralization and virus escape from immune containment for hepatitis C virus. The candidate should have a Ph.D. in virology, molecular biology or biochemistry with experiences in single-cell cloning, gene expression in mammalian cell culture, and in virus infectivity studies. The initial appointment will be for one year with the intention of extending to an additional year.
- PhD in molecular biology, virology or biochemistry
- Track record of publications in peer-reviewed journals with a focus on molecular biology or virology
- A cover letter that describes your past research, your expertise, and your future career goals
- A CV with list of publications
- Names and contact information for 3 references