Please forward application materials to: Dr. Lori Shoemaker at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are seeking a highly motivated Postdoctoral Scholar to join our research team in the Department of Neurosurgery at Stanford. Our research is focused on a rare cerebrovascular disease called arteriovenous malformations (AVMs). Our ultimate goal is to better understand the underlying disease biology and to identify potential signaling cascades, so that we may better predict disease progression and improve treatments. Using human AVM samples available at Stanford, in-lab derived-AVM cell lines, and normal human vascular and non-vascular cell lines, we are characterizing the AVM cellular environment and elucidating the contributions of these various cell types to disease. We incorporate a number of approaches, including gene and protein expression, functional assays (proliferation, endothelial tube formation), tissue culture, and immunohisto- and immunocyto-chemistry. We are also actively developing in vitro models of human AVMs that would enable our group to test potential therapeutics.
Candidates are required to secure their own funding.
- PhD in a related field
- Experience in cell culture, immunohisto- and immunocyto-chemistry, microscopy
- Strong background in cell signaling and (cerebro)vascular biology
- Immunology and bioinformatics knowledge would be advantageous
- Capable of working independently
- Strong English speaking and writing skills
- Postdoctoral research funding must be obtained by candidate
- Brief statement of research interests
- Description of current or potential Postdoctoral funding opportunities