Please submit compete application material to Dr. Mehlika Toy at email@example.com.
The Stanford Asian Liver Center is recruiting a highly motivated postdoctoral scholar to conduct research in the field of bioinformatics and modelling to inform healthcare policies related to hepatitis B infection and liver cancer.
The Asian Liver Center at Stanford University was established in 1996. Through collaboration, advocacy, research and education, we focus on addressing the gaps in research, national guidelines and policies with the goal to eliminate hepatitis B and reduce the burden of liver cancer worldwide. Our modelling and decision analysis research help to support evidence-based healthcare policies to enhance the prevention and control of viral hepatitis and liver cancer. Our research collaborators include CDC, WHO, the University of Michigan as well as academic and public health agencies overseas.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a dynamic and collaborative environment at the Center located at the CJ Huang Building at Stanford University to conduct economic and health policy research that have the potential to change national and subnational policies towards the prevention, screening, care and treatment of viral hepatitis to save lives. The expected output from the applicant include publications, development of online decision tools, and presentations at conferences.
• Applicants must have a PhD in health services research, decision sciences/or health policy
• Strong work ethics, meticulous, motivated and a good team player
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum supervision and problem solve
• Experience in outcomes research and modelling
• Strong background in scientific writing and authorship in peer-reviewed publication
• Expertise in using large databases such as claims data to construct statistical models with R and/or SPSS or other programming languages like python
• Expertise/experience in conducting systematic reviews and meta-analysis
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Not required but nice to have experience in the development of online application
• Updated CV
• Complete contact information for three references
• Short cover letter describing past research experience, and career goals (max 2 pages)