Please email the required application materials to:
Dr. Rajan Puri, M.D., MPH (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine, Section of Occupational Medicine
Director, Strategic Health Initiatives and Innovation
Director, Workplace Health Innovation Lab (WHIL) whil.stanford.edu
Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S)
The Workplace Health and Innovation Laboratory (WHIL lab) is a newly-launched interdisciplinary research laboratory focused around the realization of new and novel ideas from within the Stanford community regarding total worker health. The WHIL lab is housed in the new Environmental Health & Safety Building (EH&S) at the Dept of Occupational Medicine at Stanford University and is searching for a postdoctoral scholar. The WHIL laboratory is led by Dr. Rajan Puri, who is also affiliated with the Department of Medicine, Section of Occupational Medicine. The lab focuses on cutting-edge research at the intersection of computer vision and AI, to provide real-world solutions to problems in workplace health and safety. The lab develops novel methods in AI, including multi-modal deep learning and human-compatible AI to leverage specialized expertise and knowledge of the work environment.
The postdoctoral scholar will be working on several research topics: a) Ergonomics AI in healthcare b) Environmental- Wildfire smoke AI c) Healthcare devices/wearables d) mobile apps e) Additional projects as they arise.
The scholar will deploy and evaluate these methods as clinical applications to transform workplace health and safety. The scholar should have excellent IRB experience and writing skills. The scholar will also be working directly with varying levels of undergraduate and possibly graduate students.
- Post-graduate degree (recent PhD completed) in computer science, engineering,
- or a related field
- Experience in machine learning and AI, particularly in computer vision and deep learning
- Strong record of distinguished scholarly achievement
- Outstanding communication, writing, and presentation skills with fluency in spoken and written English
- Excellent IRB experience as evidenced by lead author publications, etc
- Interested applicants should submit a Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- A brief statement of research interests
- Three letters of reference in one PDF document