Please submit application materials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a post-doctoral position in mass spectrometry-based proteomics. The successful applicant will have a Ph.D. in Chemistry or related field, have fundamental and applied knowledge of modern proteomics sample preparation strategies, mass spectrometry, liquid separation, and database searching. The successful applicant will be expected to: 1) carry out research in collaboration with faculty; 2) design and execute experiments using state-of-the-art mass spectrometry / advances separations; 3) analyze RAW data / generate figures for manuscripts and presentations; 4) writing of manuscripts and help with proposal submissions; 5) carry out QC and routine maintenance of LC and MS systems; and 6) work with expert in informatics to improve proteomics pipeline strategies.
Presentation of findings and regional and national meetings (oral and poster presentations).
- Minimum Experience/Education
- Ph.D. or equivalent doctorate (e.g., M.D., D.V.M., Sc.D.) in appropriate field awarded no more than five (5) years from initial date of postdoctoral appointment.
- Departmental Required Skills
- Experience with MS and Tandem MS, nanoUPLC, proteomics sample preparation, proteome software tools, protein DB’s, solid publication record.
- Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education
- Four years of experience (graduate work) in the field of mass spectrometry-based proteomics, MaxQuant, PD2.2, JmP, Statistical Design of Experiments, TransProteomePipeline, Orbitrap or timsTOF. Bruker or Thermo operating systems, search engines
- Required License or Certification
- Cover letter
- Names and complete contact information of three professional references, including email addresses and phone numbers