Applicants should please email Professor Mayalu at email@example.com with a single attached .pdf with the required application materials.
At this time the Mayalu Lab is seeking to fill one postdoctoral research position for experimental work with the following:
- microbial engineering
- biological controllers
- designing genetic circuits(e.g., molecular cloning, microbial culture, DNA transfection)
- large scale DNA assembly and characterization
- designing assays and collecting data using state-of-the art analytical techniques (e.g. microplate reader, fluorescence microscopy, flow cytometry, next-generation sequencing, and other analytic technologies)
- design of testbeds to evaluate biological controllers (e.g. robotic bioreactors, biological microfluidic devices, and other automatic/robotic platforms)
Working at Stanford offers opportunities, an environment, a culture – and benefits – that are not found together anywhere else. We are looking for researchers that are curious, motivated and want to be part of a unique community. Accepted candidates will also have an invaluable opportunity to help shape our young lab. Professor Mayalu is invested in working with accepted candidates to develop a plan towards their own career goals.
- The candidate must have a PhD in engineering, biological sciences, computer science, physics, math, or related field.
- Postdocs are expected to co-mentor graduate students and have the ability to work collaboratively and on individual projects in a dynamic, multidisciplinary, team-oriented setting.
- Postdocs with the ability to prioritize, perform multiple tasks, and execute detailed technical protocols meticulously along with strong organizational, analytical, problem-solving, and documentation skills are very attractive.
- Postdocs are also expected to perform data analysis using computational methods and tools for analysis and statistics, communicate results effectively (both verbally and in writing), and make presentations to the scientific community through talks and publications.
- Interest in modeling, simulation, analysis, and control of biological networks is also attractive.
- 1-page cover letter with a brief statement of research experience, interests, and career plans. In addition, please discuss your expected start date (Spring or Summer 2022 is preferred), and desired length of postdoc.
- 1-page research statement with description of intended contributions to the lab.
- an up-to-date CV
- contact information (email and phone number) of 2-3 professional references (one from a primary research advisor or mentor). The references will be contacted for verbal and/or written recommendations with notice to the applicant