Please required materials directly to Dr. Amy Tian (email@example.com).
Dr. Mark Nicolls lab at Stanford University is seeking a dedicated and hardworking Postdoctoral Researcher to conduct research in the fields of transplant immunology and vascular biology. You will actively participate in research: (1) to study the contribution of vasculature in alloimmunity mediated transplant rejection and (2) to investigate the transcriptional regulation of hypoxia-inducible factors in lymphatic endothelial cells. This position is in the Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Division.
In this role you will:
• Conduct translational research using tools in immunology, vascular biology, biochemistry, cell biology, and genetics.
• Employ transgenic animal models to understand the basic mechanisms of alloimmunity in transplant rejection
• Employ cutting edge omics approaches (e.g., scRNAseq, ChIP-seq, bulk RNA-seq, ATACseq and etc.) to study hypoxia-mediated signaling in vasculature.
• Regularly interact with a broad spectrum of computational and experimental scientists internally and externally to the laboratory.
• Develop research plans, generate results, publish peer-reviewed papers, and present results at external conferences, seminars, and/or technical meeting.
• Work with other scientists to write proposals and expand our program into new areas aligned with your expertise and interests.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
This is a Postdoctoral appointment with the possibility of extension to a maximum of 5 years. Eligible candidates are those who have been awarded a PhD at time of hire date.
• Ph.D. in Immunology, Genetics, Biochemistry, Biological Sciences, or a relevant field.
• Experience and knowledge in protein biochemistry, molecular biology, and/or genetics.
• Ability to develop independent research projects as demonstrated through publication of peer-reviewed literature.
• Proficient verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively in a multidisciplinary team environment and present and explain technical information.
- Cover letter