Email to Dr. Katrin Svensson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We are looking for a postdoctoral fellow to start during spring or early summer of 2019!
The Svensson Laboratory (http://www.svenssonlabstanford.org/) at the Stanford University School of Medicine Department of Pathology is seeking a postdoctoral research fellow to join our team. We are using an integrated discovery-molecular physiology approach to understand basic biological questions related to metabolism, with a specific interest in orphan hormones in energy expenditure and obesity-related disorders such as diabetes and fatty liver. We are leveraging a combination of techniques such as protein biochemistry, mass spectrometry, molecular biology and mouse physiology to identify new pathways involved in metabolic regulation. We have several projects focusing on secreted factors and their role in energy homeostasis and metabolism. We are also interested in identifying new biomarkers of metabolic disease by using mass spectrometry and isolation of tissue-specific exosomes/microvesicles. Our goal is to translate these findings into therapeutic or clinical applications.
- The candidate should have a PhD (or MD/PhD, or PhD) in biochemistry, molecular biology, physiology, genetics or a related field
- Strong track record of productivity
- The candidate should be highly motivated and enjoy working in a dynamic environment
- Stanford limits recruitment of postdocs to individuals within five years of their Ph.D.
In a single PDF File:
- Short statement of research interests and career plans
- Names of three references