To apply, please send your required application materials in one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org
Post-doctoral scholar opportunity in Computational Biology at Stanford University
A post-doctoral scholar position in computational biology is available at the Sean N. Parker Center for Allergy and Asthma Research at Stanford University (http://med.stanford.edu/allergyandasthma.html) under the directorship of Dr. Kari Nadeau. Our main goal is to study and develop novel approaches for the prevention, early detection, diagnosis, and treatment of allergies, asthma and other atopic diseases.
We are seeking a highly motivated computational scientist to extend our team of medical, immunological and bioinformatical researchers. A main part of the position will be the work with mass cytometry (CyTOF) data. The position will be under the mentorship of Dr. Sandra Andorf, Director of Computational Biology at the Sean N. Parker Center for Allergy and Asthma Research.
Ideal candidates will have a mixture of the following skills:
- Ph.D. in bioinformatics, computational biology, biostatistics, or similar (preferably obtained no more than 2 years ago).
- Programming experience is required (preferably in R or python).
- Experience in single cell data analyses and integrative multi-omics approaches is required.
- Experience in mass cytometry (CyTOF) data analysis is highly desired.
- Proven track record in problem-solving skills and creative thinking.
- A background in immunology and experience working with clinical trial data will be a plus.
- Applicants must possess good communication skills and be fluent in both spoken and written English.
- Brief statement of research interests
- Contact information for three references